By Sharon Aron Baron
A limited supply of COVID-19 at-home rapid test kits have been received by Broward County and will be distributed to residents at only three locations on Saturday, January 8, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
The kits will be distributed from the drive-through, curbside service lanes outside the following three County libraries on a first-come, first-served basis as supplies last.
Margate Catherine Young Library 5810 Park Drive Margate 33063. Note: Library not open for regular services this day.
South Regional/Broward College Library 7300 Pines Blvd. Pembroke Pines 33024 Note: The library is also open for regular services this day.
Tyrone Bryant Branch Library 2230 NW 21st Ave.Fort Lauderdale 33311. Note: the library is not open for regular services this day.
Residents picking up the test kits must show proof of Broward County residency and are limited to two kits per household.
Test kits will not be distributed inside the libraries. For the safety of employees, they request residents wear a facial covering as they will receive kits in the drive-through.
While the County continues to ask for more at-home test kits, it is unclear if additional kits will be received. Kits are expected to go quickly.
For real-time updates on COVID-19 kit availability, follow ReadyBroward and BrowardCounty on Twitter.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.30Coconut Creek’s Family Fun Bike Night Promises a Safe and Enjoyable Experience for all Ages
- News2023.03.29Coconut Creek Launches Girls Basketball League for Summer 2023
- News2023.03.29Get Your Little MVP Ready for the Court with 2023 Co-Ed Instructional Basketball League in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.282 Dogs Rescued from Hoarding Case Seek Patient Owners for Forever Homes