By: Matt Rothman
After an excellent run for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas volleyball team in 2015, the Eagles struggled each of the past few seasons.
After going winless in 2017, MSD won 11 games the next few seasons and welcomes in a new head coach in 2020 in Daniella Rapaglia.
She came from Flannagan High School in Pembroke Pines and was a star in high school, where she coached the girls’ team, helping them win nine games.
For the boys, they were only able to pick up one win this season, but it came in exciting fashion as they defeated Everglades High School 3-2 in their opening game. They then went on to lose in five sets to McCarthur High School but had their season cut short due to COVID 19.
That meant the varsity careers of Alex Rodriguez and Tyler Le came to an end, as they both were in their first year on the team.
The future though is exceptionally bright for MSD as they will only lose two players after graduation and have four juniors, six sophomores, and one freshman likely to return for 2021.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases