Hazardous Waste Event
By Sharon Aron Baron
Through a cooperative agreement, several Broward County cities hold one-day events throughout the year to dispose of hazardous materials.
These cities are Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Lauderdale Lakes, North Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Tamarac.
The next drop-off date in Coconut Creek takes place on Saturday, August 12, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at 4800 W. Copans Rd.
Residents won’t even need to leave their vehicles. Just drive through, show a valid driver’s license from one of the participating cities above, and workers will remove the items from the car.
Aerosol products, Ammonia, Ammunition, Antifreeze, Auto fluids, Auto batteries, Boat batteries, Boat fluids, Charcoal starters, Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), Drain cleaners, Fertilizer, Fire extinguishers, Fireworks, Flares, Fluorescent tubes, Gasoline, Herbicides, Household cleansers, Insecticide, Kerosene, Lawn chemicals, Lighter fluid, Mercury thermometers, Motor oil, Nail polish & remover, Paint, Pesticides, Photo chemicals, Pool chemicals, Propane tanks, Rechargeable batteries, Rust remover, Solvents, Spot remover, Tires (limit 4), Turpentine, Weedkiller, Wood stain, and Wood stripper.
Also included are answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions, and wires.
Business, construction, and government-generated waste, explosives, bio-hazardous waste, microwaves, and appliances.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Feeling Lucky? Powerball Jackpot Surges to $960 Million
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Coconut Creek Launches Pickleball Leagues This Fall
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek’s Hometown Market Returns on October 7
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Meet Grace and Kona: Pets Who Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County