By Sharon Aron Baron
In a world where electronic devices and social media have become an essential part of daily life, the city of Coconut Creek has decided to hold a National Day of Unplugging, offering an opportunity for children aged 5 to 12 to disconnect from their devices and enjoy good old-fashioned fun and games.
Participants will have a chance to socialize with their peers, engage in physical activities, and enjoy the outdoors without any technological distractions.
The event will take place on Friday, March 3. at the Recreation Complex located at 4455 Sol Press Boulevard, starting from 4:00 p.m. to 5:30 p.m.
To ensure that the event remains exclusive and safe, registration is limited to 20 participants. The registration fee for Coconut Creek residents is $5 and non-residents $10.
Credit card payment will be the only accepted mode of payment, with no cash or checks being accepted at the moment. Registration is ongoing until all spaces are filled.
Interested participants can register online at www.CoconutCreek.net/WebTrac or through a walk-in registration at the Recreation Complex or the Community Center located at 1100 Lyons Road.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.30Coconut Creek’s Family Fun Bike Night Promises a Safe and Enjoyable Experience for all Ages
- News2023.03.29Coconut Creek Launches Girls Basketball League for Summer 2023
- News2023.03.29Get Your Little MVP Ready for the Court with 2023 Co-Ed Instructional Basketball League in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.282 Dogs Rescued from Hoarding Case Seek Patient Owners for Forever Homes