By Jim Donnelly
A Coconut Creek Police Officer was involved in a vehicle collision Saturday night that hospitalized a woman.
At approximately 11:15 p.m., the 6000 block of State Road 7 was the scene of the two-vehicle crash involving a male, an on-duty Coconut Creek Police Officer, and an unidentified woman.
The officer was treated at Northwest Medical Center and released, while the woman is still recovering at Broward Health North, according to Coconut Creek Police.
According to department policy, Coconut Creek Police does not investigate accidents involving its officers. The Broward Sheriff’s Office is handling the investigation. However, no details about the incident have been released.
Coconut Creek Talk will provide updates as more information becomes available.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- News2023.03.22United States Police K-9 Field Trials Underway In Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.04Coconut Creek Crime Update: Student Threatens To Kill Dad Over iPad Restrictions
- News2023.02.25Coconut Creek Crime Update: Streetlight Wire Stolen Worth $15K
- News2023.02.11Coconut Creek Crime Update: Police Assist Locating 2-Year-Old