By Sharon Aron Baron
One Coconut Creek resident has a million reasons to celebrate.
The Florida Lottery announced on Wednesday that Joana Marcelle claimed a $1 million prize from the Powerball drawing held on October 10, 2022.
Marcelle’s winning ticket matched all five of the white ball numbers but not the Power Ball number, making her the latest in a long line of Powerball winners in Florida.
The lucky ticket was purchased from Rebel, located at 7550 Northwest 186th Street in Hialeah, which will receive a $1,000 bonus commission for selling the winning ticket. The retailer and winner are the latest beneficiaries of the Florida Lottery’s contribution to education, which has generated over $2.65 billion since joining Powerball in 2009.
The next Powerball drawing is scheduled for Wednesday at 10:59 p.m. with an estimated $20 million jackpot.
To be eligible for this drawing, tickets must be purchased by 10:00 p.m. Drawings are broadcast live from the Lottery’s state-of-the-art draw studio in Tallahassee and can also be viewed on the Lottery’s website and official YouTube channel. Winning numbers can be found on the Lottery’s website, free mobile app, at retailers statewide, and by phone.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek Announces 2023 Summer Day Camp Program: Enroll Now for an Unforgettable Summer Experience
- News2023.03.18Men’s 30+ Basketball League Kicks Off This Summer in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.18Coconut Creek Serves Up Fun With Open Play Table Tennis for Adults
- News2023.03.17Coconut Creek Crime Update: Banyan Bay Burglary Victim Robbed of $2k