By Kevin Deutsch
A 16-year-old girl was robbed of her iPhone 13 in Parkland Saturday by a bicycle-riding thief, law enforcement records show.
The robbery happened May 15 at 9:35 a.m. as the victim, and two of her girlfriends walked behind Parkland Bagels at 7111 N. State Road 7, according to a Broward Sheriff’s Office crime summary.
Three male juveniles on bicycles rode up behind the girls, and one of them snatched the victim’s iPhone 13, worth $1,000, from her back pocket. He also stole a clear phone cover and her Visa debit card as he rode past, escaping with his two friends, according to the sheriff’s office.
The victim and witnesses said the three bicycle riders wore black hoodies with gray and white sweat pants.
No further details were available, and no arrests had been announced in the case as of Wednesday.
Tipsters who wish to remain anonymous can contact Broward Crime Stoppers directly at 954-493-TIPS (8477), online at browardcrimestoppers.org, or by dialing **TIPS (8477) from any cell phone in the United States.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Events2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek
- News2022.11.16Gunman Shoots Up Coconut Creek Apartment Over Video Game Dispute
- Crime & Safety2022.11.13Parkland Crime Update: Stolen Necklace and Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.11.06Parkland Crime Update: Road Rage and Car Burglary