By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through July 4, 2022.
A person was the victim of Burglary Conveyance on 07/02/2022. The victim alleged that an unknown person entered his driveway and attempted to enter his vehicle by trying the door handle.
On 06/28/2022, deputies and CSFR responded to a structure fire. The fire was extinguished, and the homeowners were able to occupy the residence.
On 07/03/2022, a man sustained a laceration to the back of his head as friends/family attempted to stop him from driving because he had been drinking. The subject was transported to Northwest Hospital for treatment.
On 06/30/2022, a person accidentally hit a guard gate bar with a dirt bike, causing it to become inoperable. The HOA president and the resident of the community came to the agreement that the person would pay for a new guard gate bar which cost $900.
NW 80th Mnr.
A person was the victim of a Shooting/Unlawful Discharge on 07/04/2022. The victim stated that while sitting outside in his driveway watching fireworks, he heard what sounded like gunshots. He advised that he thought he heard something hit his truck and saw a projectile lying in the street at the foot of his driveway.
NW 57th Way
A person was the victim of Theft – All Other on 06/28/2022. Known suspect accused of stealing $30,000 cash from victim’s home. The suspect was allowed inside the victim’s home for three or four hours. The victim discovered the cash stolen after the suspect left the home sometime in the afternoon. Tot. Est. Loss: $30,000.
A business was the victim of Theft – Retail / Shoplifting on 06/29/2022. The suspect walked out of the emergency exit with a shopping cart containing merchandise. Tot. Est. Loss: $719.
No Arrests Reported
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 award-winning news source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Events2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek
- News2022.11.16Gunman Shoots Up Coconut Creek Apartment Over Video Game Dispute
- Crime & Safety2022.11.13Parkland Crime Update: Stolen Necklace and Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.11.06Parkland Crime Update: Road Rage and Car Burglary