By Kevin Deutsch
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with residents, this is a summary of crimes and other Parkland incidents through Oct. 24, 2022.
S. Miralago Way
A 54-year-old male was the victim of a Burglary Residence on 10/19/2022. Victims returned to their residence after being at work. No one had been at their home since that morning. They discovered a rear bedroom window slightly opened, with a screen dislodged. A bicycle was left outside the window by the suspect. It did not appear entry was made.
NW 114th Ter.
An 81-year-old female was a victim of Embezzlement (attempted) on 10/18/2022.
Information report generated 10/20/2022 about two 7th-grade students talking about guns on the school bus while on the way to school. No actual threat was made. School is handling per the school disciplinary matrix.
State Rd. 7
The receptionist at the business received calls on 10/21/2022 of people coming to protest the business. No threats of harm were made.
Deputies arrived on 10/21/2022 about a found child. The child was unharmed and reunited with his parents.
E. Baypoint Cir.
Firearm and ammunition were taken on 10/18/2022 for safekeeping following the service of a restraining order.
Three wood bundles were taken from three different adjacent construction lots. Total loss $7,500. No witnesses.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Events2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek
- News2022.11.16Gunman Shoots Up Coconut Creek Apartment Over Video Game Dispute
- Crime & Safety2022.11.13Parkland Crime Update: Stolen Necklace and Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.11.06Parkland Crime Update: Road Rage and Car Burglary