By Kevin Deutsch
A pediatrician from Parkland was sentenced Thursday to eight years in federal prison for possessing child pornography, authorities said.
Dr. Michael Mizrachy, 50, had previously pleaded guilty in the case. He was initially arrested in January 2021.
In June 2020, the Broward Sheriff’s Office received a tip regarding an adult male, later identified as Mizrachy, concerning the possible distribution and possession of child pornography, according to an arrest affidavit filed at the time.
After obtaining a search warrant, detectives were able to locate a video depicting child pornography, which was described in the initial tip. The video appeared to show a child between the ages of eight and ten being sexually assaulted by an apparent adult male, authorities said.
In addition to the initial video described in the tip, detectives located several photos depicting what appeared to be young children in their bathing suits, underwear, or shorts in which none of the children appeared to be aware the images were taken, investigators said.
The images led detectives to generate an additional search warrant for Mizrachy’s residence in MiraLago at the 8500 block of Lakeside Drive. Child pornography was found in his possession, authorities said.
The case was later dropped by state authorities and picked up by the Department of Justice, which won the conviction.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Events2022.11.22Spitfire Farm Hosts ‘Thanksgiving Break’ Equestrian Camp in Coconut Creek
- News2022.11.16Gunman Shoots Up Coconut Creek Apartment Over Video Game Dispute
- Crime & Safety2022.11.13Parkland Crime Update: Stolen Necklace and Fraud
- Crime & Safety2022.11.06Parkland Crime Update: Road Rage and Car Burglary