By Sharon Aron Baron
As families gear up for their winter vacations, it’s important to be aware of the growing threat of child sexual exploitation. A recent case in Florida serves as a reminder of the dangers that can arise, even during family vacations.
A 38-year-old cruise ship employee from Stuart, FL. has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for enticing an underage girl he met on a ship into performing sexual acts and producing child pornography by recording the acts.
According to the criminal complaint affidavit, Daniel Scott Crow met the victim while he was working on a cruise ship. The victim, a 16-year-old girl at the time, was on vacation with her family.
After the cruise, Crow remained in contact with the victim and used a messaging app to solicit lewd photographs from her. Crow also met the victim at a hotel, where he engaged in sexual activity with her and recorded it.
Crow was apprehended after an ex-girlfriend of his made a complaint to the Port St. Lucie Police Department regarding the relationship between Crow and the victim. The ex-girlfriend discovered the relationship by checking Crow’s social media.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Childhood, a nationwide initiative to combat the growing epidemic of child sexual exploitation and abuse.
If you have information regarding child sexual exploitation or believe you or a family member may have been a victim, please contact the HSI tip line at 1-866-347-2423.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.30Coconut Creek’s Family Fun Bike Night Promises a Safe and Enjoyable Experience for all Ages
- News2023.03.29Coconut Creek Launches Girls Basketball League for Summer 2023
- News2023.03.29Get Your Little MVP Ready for the Court with 2023 Co-Ed Instructional Basketball League in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.282 Dogs Rescued from Hoarding Case Seek Patient Owners for Forever Homes