By Agrippina Fadel
Senior dogs can be the best pets – they don’t chew shoes, won’t have an accident on the new carpet, and know their commands.
An eight-year-old American Staffordshire Terrier Tyrin is a perfect example of an older pup that can become an excellent companion for the right family.
Tyrin arrived at Broward County Animal Care in August and quickly became the staff’s favorite. This handsome senior fellow is low-key and very smart, follows basic commands, and even knows how to lie down and roll over.
Tyrin is 57 pounds; he is easy-going and friendly, walks well on a leash, and is a big fan of treats. The volunteers who took him out as part of the Lunch Buddies program say he loves car rides and does great in public, even at busy restaurants.
The Lunch Buddies program is open to all Broward residents over 18. High school students can participate with parents’ or guardians’ permission. The dogs can be taken out for a day, overnight, or a weekend. The paperwork is minimal, and the shelter provides the food, toys, and leash for the dog.
To take Tyrin (A1785645) or other dogs out for lunch or inquire about the fostering opportunities, email the shelter at email@example.com. To schedule a meet-and-greet appointment and learn more about the adoptable pets, email ACADadoptions@broward.org.
The Adoption Center at Broward County Animal Care is located at 2400 SW 42 Street, Fort Lauderdale, and is open Tuesday through Sunday from 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Adoptions are at no cost and include spaying/neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, and a Broward County pet license tag.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- Events2022.12.03Church Offers Unique Spiritual Experience with Live Music on Sunday Evenings
- News2022.11.29Winter Magic Returns With the 10th Annual ‘Light Up the Night’ Holiday Party
- News2022.11.29Coral Springs Coconut Creek Chamber Throws ‘Happy Hour’ Dec. 1
- Events2022.11.26Church Offers Unique Multi-Sensory Worship Service