By: Matt Rothman
Ella Schwartz of Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls cross country is headed to States after her race in Regionals at South Regional Country Park.
While the Eagles finished ninth as a team, Schwartz qualified individually after coming in 16th place with a time of 21.19.60.
“Ella ran a phenomenal race and the whole team is behind her and supporting her to represent us at states,” said Head Coach Mike Mauro.
Esther Bang, Morgan Melchiorri, Grace MacKenzie, Mikayla Ryan, Sofia Schorer Kaplan, and Michelle Hirn competed, with four runners finishing in the top 60 for the girls.
The boys’ team finished 13th, with Coby Alhadeff finishing 50th with a time of 18:23. Emery Jackson finished second, followed by Teyve Singh, Andres Abreu, and Quinn McCluskey.
“ I am so proud of everyone’s effort today, Mauro added. “We knew we would have to run our best races of the year to advance and we were within five places of our goal for the girls and everyone on the boys ran a personal best today!.”
Next, Schwartz will respect the Eagles at States on Saturday, Nov. 5, at Apalachee Regional Park in Tallahassee.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases