By Kevin Maher
The City of Coconut Creek is hosting a candy cane hunt, where participants use flashlights to find hidden sweets on the playground.
The candy cane hunt is held at the Community Center at 1100 Lyons Road. It will be divided into three sessions by age group.
Session I on Wednesday, December 21, is for kids ages two to four. Session 2 is on Thursday, December 22, for kids ages five to seven. Session 3 is on Friday, December 23, for kids ages eight to ten. All three sessions are from 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. on their respective days.
Participants are required to bring their own flashlights. Kids will decorate a bag for their candy canes and are encouraged to wear pajamas. Parent involvement is required for all age groups, with at least one parent per child. Arrangements for unregistered siblings are required.
Registration is available online or by walk-in at the Community Center or the Recreation Complex, located at 4455 Sol Press Blvd. Participation is $10 for Coconut Creek residents and $15 for non-residents. Registration is ongoing until full, with a limit of 15 participants per session.
Credit card payment is the only form of payment currently accepted. A WebTrac account is required before registering online. For more information, click here or call 954-545-6670.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- News2023.03.29Coconut Creek’s Movie in the Park for March is “Sonic the Hedgehog 2”
- Events2023.03.07Coconut Creek’s Movie in the Park for March is “Sonic the Hedgehog 2”
- Events2022.11.29Coconut Creek Hosts Toddler Winter Experience on Dec. 9
- Events2022.11.27Coconut Creek Hosts Winter Extravaganza with Crafts, Music and Food Trucks