By Agrippina Fadel
The traffic on Holmberg Road in Parkland might be heavier than usual in the next few months, but for a good reason. The Florida Department of Transportation started the Mobility Improvement Project in the area in late June and hopes to complete it before the end of the year.
The project spans Holmberg Road from Pine Island Road to Heron Bay Boulevard and covers just over half a mile of the roadway and roundabout by Westglades Middle School.
Improvements include resurfacing Holmberg Road, adding bike lanes in both directions, and extending the eastbound right turn lane on Holmberg Road by Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The extension of this turn lane will help traffic flow during morning school drop-off and afternoon school pick-up.
The project also includes sidewalks, curb ramps, pedestrian signals, pavement markings, and signing.
One direction of the road will be closed during paving work, with traffic detoured using Pine Island Road, Trails End, And Nob Hill Road.
Detours will not occur on weekdays when schools are in session, excluding summer classes. FDOT will update the residents about any changes in the weekly traffic reports.
The Holmberg Road improvement project is a part of the Broward Metropolitan Planning Organization, set to invest over $300 million to create safer, healthier communities in Broward County. The cost of the construction is $609,561.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- Events2022.12.03Church Offers Unique Spiritual Experience with Live Music on Sunday Evenings
- News2022.11.29Winter Magic Returns With the 10th Annual ‘Light Up the Night’ Holiday Party
- News2022.11.29Coral Springs Coconut Creek Chamber Throws ‘Happy Hour’ Dec. 1
- Events2022.11.26Church Offers Unique Multi-Sensory Worship Service