By Sharon Aron Baron
Former Tampa Bay Rays, pitcher Derek Andersen, is managing a new Parkland Pokers 13u team, and in August, they’ll be holding tryouts for the fall season.
Born in Seattle. Anderson, who now lives in Parkland, was a left-handed pitcher drafted by the Kansas City Royals out of high school. Choosing to attend college instead, he graduated from Kansas State University in 1998 and was signed with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in 1999. He pitched until 2004 when a shoulder surgery ended his career.
Tryouts are held at Pine Trails Park, Field D on Thursday, August 4 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m., Saturday, August 6 from 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., and Tuesday, August 9 from 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
To sign up for the tryouts, RSVP Here. The fall season runs from August through December.
Send Your News to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.05.30Food Tour Continues with State Rep Christine Hunschofsky and Writer Dan I Cook Visiting The Fish Joint
- News2023.05.16Coconut Creek Unveils Thrilling Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2023
- News2023.05.16Gallop into Adventure: Join Spitfire Farm Horse Camp for an Unforgettable Summer
- Events2023.05.16Coconut Creek Empowers Youth Voices Through 2023 Teen Political Forum