By Sharon Aron Baron
Girl Scouts in the Everglades Service Unit delivered cookies to local municipalities, businesses, schools, and organizations to thank them for supporting their efforts in the community.
Girl Scout Rayne Welser said this season was unlike any other with the obstacles of COVID-19.
“We wanted to show appreciation to all the local places that supported us during cookie sales this year. Delivering Girl Scout cookies is a small gesture of appreciation for all that they do to assist area Girl Scouts.”
Community partners like the City of Parkland are vital to the Girl Scout organization. They provide valuable resources such as activity and project support, meeting space, cookie booth sale locations, recruitment venues, fundraising opportunities.
Part of the Girl Scouts of Southeast Florida, The Everglades Service Unit plans localized events for the troops, providing volunteer support and resources in Coral Springs, Parkland, and Coconut Creek.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek Announces 2023 Summer Day Camp Program: Enroll Now for an Unforgettable Summer Experience
- News2023.03.18Men’s 30+ Basketball League Kicks Off This Summer in Coconut Creek
- News2023.03.18Coconut Creek Serves Up Fun With Open Play Table Tennis for Adults
- News2023.03.17Coconut Creek Crime Update: Banyan Bay Burglary Victim Robbed of $2k