By Sharon Aron Baron
Florida Rep. Christine Hunschofsky has partnered with the City of Coconut Creek and the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (FLHSMV) to host a Mobile Driver’s License Renewal event.
Held at the Coconut Creek Community Center on Wednesday, June 21, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m., the Mobile Driver’s License Renewal event is part of the FLHSMV’s Florida Licensing on Wheels (FLOW) program. FLOW offers driver’s licenses and disabled parking placard issuance and renewal services to Florida residents. All services are conveniently located within a large bus on the event grounds.
“This is a Florida Licensing on Wheels event that our office scheduled with the FLHSMV,” said Hunschofsky. “To participate, we ask residents to schedule an appointment in advance through our office. It’s a service we look forward to providing in the community.”
The FLOW event will bring motorist services directly to the community, allowing residents to access various services without traveling to a DMV office.
Services available at the event include changing from an out-of-state driver’s license to a Florida license, renewals, duplicates for lost or stolen licenses, address/name changes, ID cards, reinstatements, emergency contact information registration, vehicle registration renewal, and new/renewed accessible parking placards.
No written or driving tests will be given from the mobile unit. Appointments are limited to first come, first served.
To attend the event, Florida residents must pre-register by emailing HD095@myfloridahouse.gov or by phone at 954-956-5600 to schedule an appointment.
The Coconut Creek Community Center is located at 1100 Lyons Road.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- NewsSeptember 29, 2023Feeling Lucky? Powerball Jackpot Surges to $960 Million
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Coconut Creek Launches Pickleball Leagues This Fall
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Coconut Creek’s Hometown Market Returns on October 7
- NewsSeptember 19, 2023Meet Grace and Kona: Pets Who Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County