By Agrippina Fadel
Join Broward Sheriff’s Office, Florida Kiwanis Division 23, and Feed the Need Foundation in bringing joy to the homeless children of Broward County during the annual Christmas in July toy donation drive.
The toy collection box at the BSO-Parkland District Station at 6650 University Drive will accept donations until July 29, 2022. Residents can donate a new, unwrapped toy and help bring a smile to one of the many homeless children in Broward County. More donation boxes are located throughout Broward County.
Christmas in July 2022 is dedicated to the memory of Dr. Jonathan F. K. Earle, who served on the CIJ committee since its inception 21 years ago. He not only donated monetarily but led the gift distribution subcommittee for numerous years. Considered to be the patriarch of the CIJ Program, Dr. Earle helped to serve the needs of well over 40,000 homeless children.
Christmas in July not only collects toys but offers other ways to help the children in difficult situations. Residents can take advantage of sponsorship opportunities, make direct monetary donations, and purchase and donate specific items.
According to the CIJ website, the number one need of a homeless child is underwear and socks, followed by shoes and clothing. On an annual basis, the program provides new underwear (including diapers, pull-ups, wipes, and socks), clothing, shoes, school supplies, book bags, reading books, and toiletries.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.05.20Dog of the Week: Survivor of Hoarding Case Seeks a Loving Home
- News2023.05.06From Engine Troubles to Kitten Cuddles: The Heartwarming Story of Coconut Creek Police Rescue Mission
- News2023.05.02Safeguard Your Identity: Shred Documents at Coconut Creek Police Event
- News2023.05.01Reel in the Best Seafood in Coconut Creek at The Fish Joint