By Agrippina Fadel
Lori Alhadeff says her work is not yet done at the Broward County School Board. After serving on board since 2018, a former teacher and a school safety advocate is running for reelection.
At Parkland Bagels, local business owners Adam and Holli Kaplan are hosting a special event supporting Ahadeff’s campaign on Wednesday, July 20, at 6 p.m. Guests can RSVP to email@example.com and contribute at loriforbroward.com.
“With just over a month until the primaries, I’m proud of our campaign’s momentum. Events like these in support of the campaign are a sure sign of this success and an excellent opportunity to connect with as many potential voters as possible,” said Alhadeff, adding that she feels lucky to count Adam and Holli as friends and is looking forward to coming together with them and other members of Parkland community on July 20.
Alhadeff is a former Health and Physical Education teacher, K-12th grade. She was a stay-at-home mom for fourteen years with three children. Her daughter Alyssa was tragically killed at Stoneman Douglas High School Shooting in February 2018.
“I first ran for Broward County School Board to make schools safe, teach our students life skills and ensure teachers have the resources that they need to educate effectively,” she said, adding that if re-elected, she intends to positively represent District 4 on the dais through hard work and relentless dedication.
“I will work hard to win this election. It means so much for me to be on the board to represent my district and to help create a safer school environment,” added Alhadeff.
Alhadeff graduated from The College of New Jersey with a Bachelor of Science in Health and Physical Education and a Master of Arts in Education from Gratz College. She is the president of the 501(c)(3) national non-profit organization “Make Our Schools Safe,” dedicated to protecting students and teachers at school.
Six seats on the Broward County Public Schools board are up for general election on November 8. Five seats are up for regular election, and one seat is up for special election for a two-year unexpired term. A primary is scheduled for August 23.
Parkland Bagels is located at 7111 FL-7.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.05.20Dog of the Week: Survivor of Hoarding Case Seeks a Loving Home
- News2023.05.06From Engine Troubles to Kitten Cuddles: The Heartwarming Story of Coconut Creek Police Rescue Mission
- News2023.05.02Safeguard Your Identity: Shred Documents at Coconut Creek Police Event
- News2023.05.01Reel in the Best Seafood in Coconut Creek at The Fish Joint