By Ryan Yousefi
A Coconut Creek man was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and burglary with battery after breaking into his ex-wife’s home and threatening to take the couple’s shared child.
On February 24, the Coconut Creek Police Department received an emergency call from an alleged victim of a domestic assault reporting her ex-husband, later identified as Javier Rolando Burgosmoreira, 37, of Coconut Creek, who she stated had broken into her apartment and threatened her in the presence of their shared child.
Upon arriving at the scene, near the 5600 block of West Hillsboro Boulevard, the police report shows the victim told officers Burgosmoreira had been threatening her for days, to the point where she had stayed at a friend’s home the night prior after he told her he would ‘break her face if she didn’t do what he told her to do.’
The victim told police temper flared after Burgosmoreira had sent a text asking to see their child so he could say goodbye, but she refused. The next day, witnesses told officers he arrived at her apartment complex in a black BMW SUV, visibly upset.
Witnesses in the report say Burgosmoreira knocked on the victim’s door before returning to his vehicle and intentionally hitting the rear of the victim’s white Mercedes-Benz SUV.
Witnesses told officers he retrieved a crowbar from his vehicle’s trunk, walked up to the victim’s apartment, and smashed a sliding glass door to gain entry.
The arrest report said once inside, Burgosmoreira approached the victim and their child making threats of violence. The victim told the officer when she tried to reach for their child, he grabbed her wrist, preventing her from picking up the child and moving her to safety.
The victim told police during the episode the child was pleading with her father not to take her, and the victim feared he would harm her and the child with the crowbar.
After some convincing, the victim told police Burgosmoreira dropped the crowbar and left the residence without further incident.
The arrest report says after a short search, police were able to locate Burgosmoreira on Sample Road in Pompano Beach. They arrested and transported him to the Broward County Main Jail, where he is being held without bond.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- News2023.03.22The City of Coconut Creek is Accepting Applications for Summer Camp Counselors
- News2023.03.20Join the Ranks: Broward County Schools Seek Military Veterans to Shape the Future as Teachers
- News2023.03.18“What If I Kill You Both?” Evicted Man Charged With Attempted Murder After Brutally Stabbing 2 Women
- News2023.03.01‘I’ll Break You Face’: Man Arrested After Breaking Into Ex-Wife’s Home By Smashing Glassdoor