By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys basketball team picks up win number 16 this season following their win over Blanche Ely High School.
Despite scoring only five points in the first quarter, the Eagles went on to pick up a 40-37 win to move to 16-3 this year.
Sean Sucarichi and Evin Jenkins each had ten points. Diego Rodriguez scored eight while Wesley Aureles had 15 rebounds and was terrific all night defensively.
“You can tell early this was headed towards being a defensive game,” said Head Coach Teddy Lyons. “I thought our defense carried us tonight. The guys were locked into the game plan and did a good job together. We’re glad we were able to come in and win on the road. That Ely team is tough. These guys keep finding a way.”
MSD has two more games left before the regular season ends. They face Piper High School on Monday, January 31, before playing Charles W. Flanagan High School on Tuesday.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases