By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment Marching Band earned overall Grand Champion at the 19th annual Falcon Sound Invitational at Charles W. Flanagan High School on Saturday.
The Regiment Regiment performed the debut of its 2022 Production, The Living Seas, and earned Best Music, Best General Effect, Best Visual, Best Percussion, and Best Color Guard.
Next, Eagle Regiment competes at Bands of America Grand Nationals in Indianapolis in November before traveling to London in December to perform in the 2023 New Year’s Day Parade.
“We are so proud of all our students,” said Band Director Steve Rivero. “They are all in on this year’s production, The Living Seas. From the moment we began learning the show, I knew this was going to be a special year. I told them that we are seniors together, and I could not be more proud of them for sticking with the program. “
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases