By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls golf team is on their way to the State Championship following a third-place finish in Regionals.
The Eagles competed against 11 schools and totaled a score of 326. St. Thomas Aquinas High School came in first place while Doral Academy Preparatory School finished in second.
“I know the whole team is very excited to compete,” said Head Coach Devin Schaller. “Two of my players are going for the second time, and I know they’re really determined to improve on our last attempt two years ago.”
Individually, Cythinia Liu finished tied for fourth place with a 73. Madison Lenard and Ella Mamane each tied for 17th with an 80. Cassidy Charles also competed for the Eagles and came in 29th while Giana Ramos finished in 40th place.
Next, MSD will compete in the State Championship at Mission Inn in Howey-in-the-Hills, Florida, on November 15-17.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season