By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls lacrosse team came in as the number six seed but picked up a huge win Friday night to keep their season alive.
The Eagles defeated Palm Beach Central High School 18-13 after the Broncos were crowned District Champions earlier this year. Despite trailing at halftime, MSD received a memorable game from Taylor McGovern, who recorded six goals, Skylar Gerena had five, while Ofek Gur was strong in the face-off circle.
“I’m excited for our seniors to get to continue their season, said Head Coach Kristina Stein. “They weren’t ready to be done. They played like they wanted it tonight. They wanted it more than the other team.”
MSD improved their record to 10-6 and will face Boca Raton Community High School in the Regional Semifinals. This will also be a rematch of the District Finals for MSD after the Bobcats pulled out a 13-10 win.
Boca Raton is 18-2 this year and defeated Wellington High School 18-3 in Regional Quarterfinals. Game time is set for Tuesday, April 16 at 7 p.m.
“We’re super excited to play Boca again,” Coach Stein added. “We got down big in the first half and made a great comeback but ran out of time.”
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases