By: Matt Rothman
Fall sports are underway at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, with the girl’s volleyball team picking up their first win on Wednesday.
The Eagles defeated Everglades High School 25-9, 25-15, 25-11 after falling in their opening match to South Plantation High School.
Next, the Eagles will travel to Coral Glades to take on the Jaguars on Thursday, September 1, at 6 p.m.
The Jaguars are coming off their first win on the season with their new head coach Brianna Dawson after defeating Nova High School on Wednesday. These teams met twice last year, with the teams splitting the two matches. However, the Eagles got their win in the postseason to advance to the District Final, where they fell to West Boca Raton High School.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsFebruary 29, 2024NBP Boys Basketball Historic Season Ends in Triple Overtime in State Semifinals
- NewsFebruary 28, 2024North Broward Prep Continues Domination With 3 Championships
- NewsFebruary 15, 20242-Time State Champion A.J. Cutler Makes College Pick
- NewsFebruary 7, 2024Coconut Creek High Wraps Up Winter Sports Season; Eye Success in the Spring