By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas shined again in Regionals and will send ten swimmers to the State Championship.
The boys’ team qualified in their Boys 4 X 100 Freestyle Relay with Miguel Kocoglu, Frank Etchevers, Joshua Park, and Lorenzo Herek. Individually, Herek qualified in the 50-yard Freestyle and 100-yard backstroke. Alexander Nichols, Max Gregory, Kocoglu, Ethchevers, and Joshua Park competed individually despite not advancing.
The girls’ 200-yard medley relay with Carolyn Powell, Valeria Anzures, Sophia El-Chantiry, and Payton Ward qualified along with Anna Rosa, Daniella Balkcom, Payton Ward, and Carolyn Powell in the 4 X 100-yard freestyle relay. Powell will also race in States after qualifying in the 100-yard backstroke.
Viviana Fernandez and Raquel Uittenbogaard-Vilas also had a fantastic season swimming in their final race of the season.
State Championships take place Saturday, November 5, in Stuart for the season’s final race.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases