By: Matt Rothman
Held at Coral Springs High School, the Eagles, who had their season cut short right before Districts, have 40 players with 15 competing. The team is also extremely young, with only five seniors.
“These wrestlers have been together through the good and tough times, said Head Coach Ken Gendason. “We were fortunate to get some new great additions to add to the wrestlers we have had in the program.”
Leading the way individually for MSD were David Leiva, Lenny Cipolla, and Charles Dion. They won nine matches between the three and first in their respective weight class.
Gaby Caro and Lucca Azzarelli each came in second, going 2-1, while Xander Kooby came in third. Diego Enciso and Vicent Dion competed in six matches and won four.
Tyler Lowe, Jackson Zajkowski, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Caleb Hebert, Grayson Starling, and Rocco Duygulu all won at least one match on Saturday.
Next, MSD will compete in the Bear Down Duals at Mater Lakes Academy on Saturday, December 11.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 2, 2023Coconut Creek and Monarch Face-Off in Soccer; Basketball Season Begins
- NewsNovember 25, 2023Coconut Creek High School’s Football Team Incredible Season Ends in Regional Final
- NewsNovember 17, 2023Coconut Creek Football Highlights Incredible Week to Advance to Regional Championship
- NewsNovember 11, 2023Coconut Creek Football Wins Playoff Opener; Soccer Teams Begin Season