By: Matt Rothman
For the second straight season, the Monarch High School boys soccer team won the District Championship following their 2-0 win over Marjory Stoneman Douglas on Monday.
“It means everything to us as a team to win back-to-back district championships,” said Head Coach Eric Swickle. “We are excited to get back to work and see what’s next for us.”
Joseph Magallanes scored the opening goal, and then Ruddy Augusto converted a penalty kick. This was the Knight’s second win this year over MSD. They also beat Coral Springs High School in the semifinals before recording their 11th victory in the final.
After falling in penalty kicks in Regionals last year, the Knights will await to find out who they will play, while the Eagles are now 11-3-3 before they compete in Regionals.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship