By: Sharon Aron Baron
Over 16,000 Semifinalists were named in the 68th annual National Merit Scholarship Program, and several are seniors in Parkland, Coral Springs, and Coconut Creek.
These academically talented high school seniors have an opportunity to continue in the competition for some 7,250 National Merit Scholarships worth nearly $28 million that will be offered next spring.
To be considered for a Merit Scholarship award, Semifinalists must fulfill several requirements to advance to the Finalist level of the competition.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas
Choy, Jason T.
Schwartz, Joshua R.
Archbishop Edward A. McCarthy High School
Delgado, Isabella – Parkland
Schwartz, Olivia S.
Ferguson, Thomas J.
Reynolds, Brooke E.
North Broward Preparatory School
Becker, Ethan J.
Gopal, Devraj N.
Katz, Cailey J.
About 95 percent of the Semifinalists are expected to attain Finalist standing, and approximately half of the Finalists will win a National Merit Scholarship, earning the Merit Scholar title.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is a Parkland resident and editor of Talk Media. She has been covering Parkland news since 2012. Parkland Talk was created to provide News, Views, and Entertainment for the residents of Parkland.
- News2023.05.16Coconut Creek Unveils Thrilling Touch-A-Truck Extravaganza for 2023
- News2023.05.16Gallop into Adventure: Join Spitfire Farm Horse Camp for an Unforgettable Summer
- Events2023.05.16Coconut Creek Empowers Youth Voices Through 2023 Teen Political Forum
- News2023.05.08Coconut Creek Launches Recreational Cheer Program for Children and Teens