By Kevin Maher
After three years, Not My Daughter…find a cure now! is back live, hosting their annual cancer research fundraiser, shopping boutique, and luncheon.
Created by women affected by breast cancer, Not My Daughter aims to fight the disease by donating 100 percent of the funds raised to cancer research.
“We try to keep all of the money locally, so the people in our community that support us see and know exactly where their donations are going,” said Jody Sternfield, one of the founding members of Not My Daughter.
The theme is In Wonderland and takes place on Monday, October 24, at the Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel & Convention Center at 11775 Heron Bay Blvd. Tickets are $125 per person or $200 for a VIPINK pass that includes a special gift and priority seating.
Parkland Dance Theater’s girls’ recreational team will open up the event, followed by a fashion show by alice + olivia, produced by Bloomingdales.
The shopping boutique opens at 10 a.m., and the luncheon starts at noon, with shopping expected to continue until 3-4 p.m.
Forty different vendor stations will be on-site, where guests learn about local businesses or shop for jewelry, handbags, clothing, and candles.
Proceeds raised support the Not My Daughter Support Services Center at Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center in Plantation, and plans to open a second center at Sylvester’s Deerfield location. The organization is also planning to open a navigation center at Broward Health Coral Springs Medical Center.
To purchase tickets, click here, or for more information, visit notmydaughter.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- News2023.05.11FREE: Coconut Creek’s Youth Theater Presents Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr.
- News2023.03.29Coconut Creek’s Movie in the Park for March is “Sonic the Hedgehog 2”
- Events2023.03.07Coconut Creek’s Movie in the Park for March is “Sonic the Hedgehog 2”
- Events2022.11.29Coconut Creek Hosts Toddler Winter Experience on Dec. 9