By: Matt Rothman
It was an excellent run for the Parkland Buccaneers Flag Football team, who had the chance to compete in the States.
The Buccaneers finished the regular season going 6-2 before the seed and went on to win the division in the playoffs. They beat the Dolphins, Horned Frogs, and the Titans, outscoring their teams 80-42. The Buccaneers qualified for States in Tampa, where they reached the Semifinals by winning two more games.
“This is one of the best teams I have ever coached in my career,” said Head Coach Trevor Connolly. “They are also one of the most talented teams and made it a lot of fun. Kids had a blast, worked hard, and the parents were great.”
Their team consists of Jesse Azar, Collin Brown, Harley Corby, Jayse Engelman, Chase Gorham, Tucker Green, Ryan Sarro, Kai Matchniff, and Asher Wilmink.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases