By Jill Fox
Whether as a sponsor, donor, or golfer, residents still have opportunities to participate in the 10th Annual “No Limits” Parkland Buddy Sports Golf Classic.
Since 2002, organizers with Parkland Buddy Sports have provided sports programs and events and volunteering opportunities for children with special needs. The nationally recognized nonprofit organization creates an empowering, challenging, and caring environment emphasizing having fun and making friends.
“I think it’s remarkable that a volunteer organization has sustained itself for 20 years,” said Parkland Buddy Sports President Bob Mayersohn. “It really is a testament to our community, our volunteers, and our board.”
As Parkland Buddy Sports’ signature fundraiser, Mayersohn said the golf classic supports their mission to provide fee-free sports programming for their players and award scholarships for graduating student volunteers seeking post-secondary opportunities.
Players in teams of four will play on Friday, May 13, at the Jacaranda Golf Club. The cost is $150 per player, or $550 for a foursome, including golf, tournament prizes, a gift bag, snacks, beverages, dinner, and the awards banquet. Specialty holes are also available, including a hole-in-one, longest drive, and ball launcher contest, where golfers try to win amazing prizes.
“We want the community to come out, enjoy the day, learn about our program and provide sustainable support,” said Mayersohn, adding that what started as 15 kids and 20 volunteers has grown into hundreds of kids and thousands of volunteers.
“To see how the players have matured, grown emotionally and cognitively, and have been able to improve their quality of life through participation in the program is remarkable,” said Mayersohn.
To register or donate to Parkland Buddy Sports, visit parklandbuddysports.org.
The Jacaranda Golf Club is located at 9200 W. Broward Blvd in Plantation.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- NewsOctober 27, 202212-Year-Old Parkland Girl Fulfills Broadway Dream
- NewsSeptember 20, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Loses Battle with Cancer
- EventsSeptember 7, 2022Moms ‘Wine Down’ With Some Mah Jongg and Mingling
- NewsAugust 19, 2022Beloved Theater Mentor Gets Support From Community During Cancer Battle