By Kevin Maher
Runners get set: Parkland Dash is back.
Parkland’s annual race starts Sunday, October 16, from 7:15-9 a.m., at Pine Trails Park, located at 10555 Trails End.
The event options are a 5k (3.1 miles), a 5-mile run, and a 1-mile run or walk. Admission fees have decreased, as the 5k and 5-mile run is now $30, and the 1-mile run or walk is now $15.
The Parkland Dash is raising funds for Eagles’ Haven, a local non-profit organization created to rediscover wellness and restore hope to Parkland and Coral Springs community members following the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School shooting.
Eagles’ Haven offers wellness experiences, yoga, creative art classes, meditation, dance, crisis support, and more to students, parents, and teachers free of charge.
All participants that register will receive a T-shirt and a finisher medal. The top 3 male and female overall finishers for the 5k and 5-mile run will also receive awards.
Packet pick-up is available Thursday, October 13, from 4-7 p.m., Friday, October 14, from 4-6 p.m., and Saturday, October 15, from noon to 5 p.m.
Registration is available here.
If interested in becoming a sponsor, contact Nick Williams at NWilliams@cityofparkland.org.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Maher is a University of Florida journalism graduate with an interest in investigative journalism. Kevin has also worked at The Independent Florida Alligator and WUFT News.
- News2023.05.11FREE: Coconut Creek’s Youth Theater Presents Disney’s The Little Mermaid Jr.
- News2023.03.29Coconut Creek’s Movie in the Park for March is “Sonic the Hedgehog 2”
- Events2023.03.07Coconut Creek’s Movie in the Park for March is “Sonic the Hedgehog 2”
- Events2022.11.29Coconut Creek Hosts Toddler Winter Experience on Dec. 9