By: Matt Rothman
Parkland’s own Anthony Rizzo hit his second postseason home run during Game 1 of the American League Championship Series (ALCS).
While the Yankees fell in the game, Rizzo’s home run cut the Houston Astros lead to 4-2 in the eighth inning. Despite a late rally, New York dropped Game 1 in the best-of-seven series.
Rizzo is now hitting .316 in the postseason and has two home runs after tying a personal best with 32 during the regular season. The Yankees faced elimination in their opening-round series against the Cleveland Guardians but took the series in five games.
Rizzo and the Yankees will be back in action Thursday Night for Game 2 at 7:37 p.m. on TBS.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.26Coconut Creek Track and Field Competes in States for 1st Time Since 2018
- News2023.05.24North Broward Prep Student Named National Merit Finalist; 3 Seniors Announce College Picks
- News2023.05.05North Broward Prep Varsity and Middle School Baseball Win Championship; Former Star Makes MLB Debut
- News2023.04.213 Local Football Players Announce Commitment; 5 Players Selected to Showcases