By: Matt Rothman
With only a handful of games left before the start of the District Tournament, the Coconut Creek High School boys volleyball team hosted Senior Night on Tuesday against Coral Glades.
Before the match, the Cougars recognized Odyssey Soto, Joshua Hernandez, Hamesh Khailoo, Jason Douglas, Kananris Johnson, and Moise Alexis.
Coconut Creek pulled out their most dramatic victory, winning in five sets. The Cougars fell in the first set but responded by taking a 2-1 lead. Coconut Creek dropped the fourth but rallied to win 15-9 in the fifth set.
They previously started the season 3-0 with wins over Coral Springs Charter, Nova, and Mirmar before beating Plantation High School and Franklin Academy in March.
Next, the Cougars will head onto the road on Thursday, April 7, to face Deerfield Beach High School. This year, the Bucks are 4-3 and defeated Plantation High School in three sets in their last match.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship