By: Matt Rothman
Coconut Creek High School’s football team completed a terrific season and had the chance to play in the postseason.
However, they were up against the number eight ranked team in the country in St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Nirami Branley recorded a rushing touchdown, while Asante Daniel threw a 60-yard touchdown pass to Davari Morris. The Cougars finished the season with a record of 6-5 with wins over Southeast, Boyd H. Anderson, Fort Lauderdale, West Boca Raton, McArthur, and Deerfield Beach High School.
Coconut Creek will have Morris, Jamari Wright, Dashawn McEachern, Aundra Atterbery, Daniel, Jean Robinson, Tyrell Johnson, Travis Robinson, Tyrik Hall, Ry’Carri Dailey, Steven Reid, Jeffrey Hernandez, Josh Yearby, Kevin Bellomy, Juan Sanchez, Javen Brown, Mark Silvera, Kevin Keane, and Juan Carlos Arocho all graduate this year, but still will return a strong team for the 2023 season.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship