By: Matt Rothman
After an incredible season where the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls soccer team reached the State Semifinals, the Eagles kicked off the 2021-22 season with a win.
On Nov. 8, they played their first regular-season game against Fort Lauderdale High School, scoring eight goals, five of them coming from freshmen. Gianna Rizzo recorded a hat-trick with three goals, while Taylor Le and Addison Krajczewski had one.
Layla Segelnick, Kyra Tuesta, and Molly Conn also score goals, and goaltenders Carly Brodsky and Ella Stevens each saw time in the game. Segelnick added a pair of helpers alongside Rizzo, Krajczewski, and Morgan Goldman to get in on the scoring.
“It was exciting to see the impact the newcomers had on the overall result,” said Head Coach Laura Rountree. “We were able to make a lot of changes, and the substitutes that came in did a really good job.
Up next, MSD will play Monarch High School on Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 5 p.m.
The Eagles will play ten more games with exciting matchups, including two games against Park Vista and one against Pembroke Pines Charter, J.P. Taravella, Cypress Bay, North Broward Prep Nova, Coral Glades, and St. Thomas Aquinas High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship