By: Matt Rothman
After playing in several minor league Spring Training games, former Marjory Stoneman Douglas infielder Gavin Conticello made his debut with the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday.
Conticello went 2-2 and reached base three times after being hit by a pitch. In his first at-bat against hard-throwing left-hander Caleb Smith, Conticello recorded an infield single. He was then hit by a pitch before recording a single in the seventh against Diego Castillo to bring in Eduardo Diaz to make it 3-0.
Earlier in spring training, Conticello hit a pair of home runs and was expected to play in rookie ball, with a chance to play Low-A ball. In 45 at-bats last year after being selected in the eighth round, Conticello hit .289 with three RBIs and two stolen bases.
In high school, Conticello started his varsity career with Coral Springs Charter and played with MSD during his senior year when he helped the Eagles go 28-2 and win a State Championship.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship