By: Matt Rothman
For one last time during the regular season, three high school football teams in Coconut Creek competed Friday Night.
North Broward Prep
With any hopes of possibly making the postseason, North Broward Prep needed a win. They were able to get it against Archbishop McCarthy High School to move to 5-5 on the season on Thursday.
Deandre Desinor shined again with 165 yards and three more touchdowns. He has rushed for 1,245 yards this season and has 21 total scores this year.
Monarch High. School
Monarch High School completed a terrific regular season with an 18-7 win over Deerfield Beach High School. The Knights moved to 8-2 this year and head into the postseason as a District Championship. The last time Monarch had more wins in a regular season was in 2014. Also, the last time the Knights won a District Championship.
Coconut Creek High School
Coconut Creek High School had its five-game winning streak end after its loss to Miami Palmetto Senior High School. The Cougars head into the postseason with a record of 6-4.
Next, all three teams will await to see who will play in the postseason. The brackets are set to be released on Sunday, Nov. 6, at 11 a.m.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick