By: Matt Rothman
The Florida Gators officially added another pitcher from Marjory Stoneman Douglas, with Jayden Dubanewicz announcing his commitment.
He becomes the fifth pitcher from this year’s State Championship team to commit with Florida, joining Chris Arroyo, Christian Rodriguez, Jake Clemente, and Jacob Gomberg.
Dubanewicz not only spoke to the other four commits, but he also says UF took him in and made it feel like home.
“It feels amazing to be committed to UF, and I know that when I end up going there, I’ll end up in good hands,” said Dubanewicz.
I am excited and blessed to announce that I will be furthering my academic and athletic career at the University of Florida. @orig_flpokers24 @fitzyfam17 @GatorsBB pic.twitter.com/g6gudhC0p1
— jayden (@therealjaydenD) July 25, 2022
Dubanewicz began playing baseball when he was four and plays on the Florida Pokers 2024 team with coach Todd Fitz-Gerald. He debuted with the Eagles varsity baseball team and helped MSD win their second straight State Championship.
Dubanewicz did not allow a run in nine innings in four appearances this year and struck out 13. He recorded his first win in the Eagles’ 11-6 extra innings victory against Western High School after pitching four scoreless frames.
While Dubanewicz still has two years left before he will attend UF, he wants to add a bit of weight in hopes of adding a bit more velocity to his pitches. Still, he will play for one of the top college baseball teams in the country. The Gators have won 15 SEC championships, been to 12 College World Series, and won their first National Championship in 2017.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.3017 North Broward Prep Student-Athletes Win Conference Awards
- News2023.03.307 Student-Athletes From Monarch and Coconut Creek Receive Conference Awards
- News2023.03.28North Broward Prep Hockey Wins 2 Games in National Tournament
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School