Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas running back Khalil Herber scores again with the Chicago Bears.
By: Matt Rothman
Former Marjory Stoneman Douglas running back Khalil Herbert recorded his second career rushing touchdown in the Chicago Bears 25-24 victory over the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday.
With the Bears down 17-7 midway through the third quarter, Herbert, backing up running back David Montgomery, went untouched for a 20-yard touchdown to cut the defect to three in the snow. He also had the chance to greet a fan in the first row with a hug.
.@JuiceHerbert goes untouched into the endzone! 😤#CHIvsSEA | #DaBears pic.twitter.com/y9Ws9ELXBj
— Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears) December 26, 2021
Herbert only received two carries in the game, but his score was the first one for him since Week 6 on October 17 against the Green Bay Packers when he was filling in as the starter. The 23-year-old surpassed 400 yards rushing and has added nearly 100 receiving yards in 2021.
“I thought the guys handled this whole week really well,” said Head Coach Matt Nagy. What I care about are these players and coaches. When it comes to distractions, it’s how you handle them, and we got the win. I can’t tell you how much this win means to me because of how much the players and coaches sacrificed.”
Herbert was a sixth-round draft pick in 2021 and had his breakout season with MSD when he ran for nearly 1,000 yards, scored 15 rushing touchdowns, and added another 264 yards through the air in 2014 before playing for Kansas and Virginia Tech in college.
Next, Herbert and the Bears will return home to face the New York Giants on Sunday, January 2, at 1 p.m. before closing out the season against the Minnesota Vikings in Week 18.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 News Source Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship