By: Matt Rothman
Marjory Stoneman Douglas boys and girls cross country teams continued their fantastic season, advancing to Regionals on Thursday.
The MSD boys’ team finished eighth out of 13 teams competing. Emery Jackson came in first for the Eagles with a time of 18:42.91. Coby Alhadeff was next to finish, followed by Teyve Singh, Cole Spinks, and Andres Abreu within three seconds of each other. Quinn McCluskey, Matthew Rosenberg, Noah Ryan, Joseph Cardinale, and Cooper Roth all ran well for MSD.
Ella Schwartz finished fifth for the girls competing against 121 runners. Esther Bang came in second, followed by Morgan Melchiorri and Grace MacKenzie finishing in the top 30. Sofia Schorer Kaplan finished 40th, followed by Mikayla Ryan, Ariana Shahheidari, Michelle Hirn, Zoha Haider, and Riley Anders.
Head Coach Mike Mauro said both the girls and boys ran fantastic races and felt they would need to be in a much more competitive district.
“Both teams ran hard and did what was necessary to keep our tradition of going to regionals intact,” said Coach Mauro. “Words cannot express how proud and happy I am for both teams to move on.”
Next, the Eagles will compete in Districts on Thursday, Oct 28, at South County Regional Park.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship