By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas Eagle Regiment made history Saturday at the Bands of America Orlando Regional Championship finishing fifth place.
There were 28 high schools competing, and the Eagle Regiment received a record score of 83.275 to advance to the final.
“This past weekend’s accomplishment is all about the students,” said Band Director Steve Rivero. “They are showing the world the incredible amount of talent that is at Stoneman Douglas. This is exactly what we said we would do since arriving at MSD in 2019.”
The Eagles are a four-time Bands of America Regional Finalist and three-time State Champion. Next, they compete in Bands of America Grand Nationals in Indianapolis next month and then perform in the London New Year’s Day Parade. In 2023, they’ll be in the 2023 Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship