By: Matt Rothman
Despite facing a team that had only one loss in five games, the Marjory Stoneman Douglas girls flag football team finally picked up their first win of the season.
The Eagles shut out Pompano Beach High School 7-0. Savannah Tenore scored the only touchdown and also ran in the extra point. Defensively, Nyomi Hudson recorded three interceptions while Morgan Goldman locked down the middle of the field.
Then, MSD defeated J.P. Taravella 13-0 on Monday. Tenore added another touchdown and one-point conversion, while Sophia Dal Mollin had the other score. MSD previously fell in their first two games against Cypress Bay and Deerfield Beach High School but has 2-2.
Next, the Eagles will play Boyd H. Anderson High School on Wednesday, April 6, at 4:30 p.m. The Cobras are also 2-2, with wins against Blanche Ely and Coral Glades High School. Their losses came against Piper and Miramar High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship