By: Matt Rothman
The Marjory Stoneman Douglas football team completed their sting season with an exciting 21-20 victory over Fort Lauderdale High School on Wednesday night.
“I’m very pleased with our first-half performance, said Head Coach Quentin Short. “We ran the ball well and played good defense. We got to see a lot of kids get reps and a chance to evaluate each one of them. I was very pleased with the spring.”
Justin Spano recorded a pair of rushing touchdowns while Hunter Rose connected with Charles Dellaria for a passing score. Ryan Cruz had three sacks while Tucker Jean and Gabe Lenamon led the team in tackles.
MSD is coming off a strong season in 2021, where they went 6-3 in the regular season. They made the State Playoffs before falling to Western High School. Despite having over a dozen players graduate, the Eagles will return several key pieces and bring up some of their top players from the junior varsity team.
The Eagles are set to open the season on September 16 at Jensen Beach High School.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship