By Jill Fox
Each year, Parkland students engage in A Day Of Service and Love to remember the fallen Eagles and those injured on February 14, 2018.
Students and faculty continue to heal from the trauma of the deadly massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School, killing 17 and harming others.
On Monday, February 14, 2022, staff and students will have a non-academic day to give back to the community.
Marjory Stoneman Douglas developed a range of community service opportunities for students to participate in on-campus and need each parent or guardian to log onto their website at browardschools.com/stonemandouglas.
- Excused Absence on 2/14/2022.
- Participate in a “drive-through” Feeding Our First Responders Breakfast: Students and staff will have the opportunity to hand out breakfast and make thank you cards for local first responders.
- Spending a Mindful Morning with the MSD Mind-Body Club.
- Marjory’s Garden: Students and staff will work on maintaining and improving our on-campus student-created garden
- Campus Beautification: Students and staff will work together on a variety of projects to continue improving the campus’s aesthetics.
Each student must complete the form by Tuesday, January 18, 2022.
Projects will begin at 7:40 a.m., like a regular school day, but students will be dismissed from campus at 11:00 a.m. School buses will run their regular routes on that day, and students must report to campus by 7:40 a.m. No late arrivals.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.