By: Matt Rothman
It’s been one incredible season for the Marjory Stoneman Douglas softball team.
Not only did they have a chance to compete in the Broward County Big-8 Championship this year, but they also went 14-7 in the regular season. These 14 wins are the most they have since 2017-18, with MSD finishing the regular season off honoring their lone senior in Alison Ashby.
Ashby registered a hit in her lone at-bat this year and scored three runs. Arianna Reynolds led the team with a .411 batting average, while Addison Zajkowski, Victoria Diaz, Isabella Silva, and Kyla Davis hit over .300. Also, Jesyne Espinal led the team with three home runs and drove 13 RBIs. She also had a phenomenal season on the mound, going 4-1 in 12 appearances. Guerra and Diaz had ERA’s under 2.55 and recorded a pair of wins.
Next, the Eagles will get set for the District Tournament. They are set be the top seed and potentially see Monarch High School in their quest for a championship.
“We have the pitching but need to get the offense going to win the game,” Head Coach Brian Staubly said.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 news source, Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship