By Matt Rothman
Not only did Nick Cabello of Monarch High School get into the school he wanted — he also received a partial academic and athletic scholarship to Dominican College in New York.
“I feel like I have worked extra hard these past few years, and it’s been my main goal to commit for so long,” Cabello said. “I love this game, and it’s deeply satisfying to know that I will have a chance to continue playing at the next level.”
Cabello began playing baseball at age six and competed on his first travel baseball team for the West Boca Panthers for Coach Mike Eustace. After that, he went on to play for the Creek Hawks for Coach Mike Ramaglia, then back to the Panthers before playing on the junior varsity team for two years before making varsity as a junior.
Before spring break, Cabello had one of the best starts of his career when he pitched 4.1 hitless innings, allowing no runs and striking out eight.
“Nicolas is a very consistent pitcher that can start or pitch in any situation, said Head Coach Mike Ramaglia. “He throws strikes, spots his fastball really well, and is one our top hitters. He’s had a big impact this year.”
In 2018, he won the Home Run Derby in Coconut Creek and competed for Primal 9 for Coach David Torres and Coach Rob Libio. After he graduates this spring, Cabello heads to New York to play for a team that’s 7-5 this year.
Got News in Coconut Creek? Send it Here. Keep reading NW Broward County’s #1 News Sites: Parkland Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.19Coconut Creek and Monarch Compete in BCAA Track and Field Championship
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep Tennis Teams Combine For 9 Early Season Wins
- News2023.03.17North Broward Prep’s Alex Wigginton Makes College Pick
- News2023.03.13Michael Frederick’s Overtime Goal Lifts Florida Junior Panthers to State Championship