By: Matt Rothman
After winning a State Championship a year ago, the North Broward Prep hockey team has resurfaced better than ever.
Through their first 14 games, the Eagles have a record of 13-0-1. The only game they didn’t win was a 4-4 tie against Cypress Bay High School with the Eagles down eight players. They have also outscored their opponents 135-15 this year.
“I have liked our offensive talent and ability to control possession the majority of every game,” said Head Coach Jim Gabrione. “We are trying to improve on staying out of the penalty box. When we play even strength, we dictate the pace in all three zones.”
Next, they will play Marjory Stoneman Douglas in their final game before the new year on Sunday, Dec 21 at 1:30 p.m. at FlaLive Arena.
Send your news to Parkland’s #1 Award-Winning News Source, Parkland Talk. Don’t miss reading Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, Margate Talk, and Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.03.3017 North Broward Prep Student-Athletes Win Conference Awards
- News2023.03.307 Student-Athletes From Monarch and Coconut Creek Receive Conference Awards
- News2023.03.28North Broward Prep Hockey Wins 2 Games in National Tournament
- News2023.03.26Monarch High School’s Brayden Slade Commits to Dream School